Black Lives Matter Turns Mafia In Louisville

We can expect more of this in the near future.

Fernando Martinez, a partner of the Olé Restaurant Group, was one of dozens of business owners in the downtown Louisville district who recently received a letter from protesters laying out demands that aim to improve diversity in the area, which is known for its locally-owned shops and restaurants.

The demands and an attached contract, which were created by local organizers and activists, ask NuLu business owners to:

  • Adequately represent the Black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% Black staff;

  • Purchase a minimum of 23% inventory from Black retailers or make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to a local Black nonprofit or organization;

  • Require diversity and inclusion training for all staff members on a bi-annual basis;

  • And display a visible sign that increases awareness and shows support for the reparations movement.

A little bit of communism with a dash of extortion.

Nice touch.

1.5% of monthly sales would be in the $5-10k range for most restaurants, or $60-120k range annually. That wouldn’t include the cost of diversity training and the rest of the blah blah blah.

The reaction to this type of hustling is not going to over well. 23% of the population sounds like a lot until you remember the other 77%.

#Louisville #Reparations

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: